Saturday, January 5, 2008

don't ask

"Look, I'm not saying you should like her. I have never liked her. But just because she got really drunk and flailed all over the place one time isn't reason enough to stop liking someone you thought was fine before."

A co-worker of mine was, once again, reliving the actions of his business associate's girlfriend at a recent party. I've never liked her. She is not my kind of person. In fact, anyone over the age of 40 that shows up at a Halloween dressed like a 20 year old girl is not really my kind of person.

But I know him pretty well, and he has a habit of writing off people after they do one minor thing wrong. He also doesn't like promiscuous-acting girls, even though he tells himself he does.

"I get it, you don't like sluts."

"Well, I don't like sluts of that age."

"Oh yeah? What age do you prefer your sluts to be?"

"That's so not what I meant."

"Of course it isn't."

No comments: