Monday, February 11, 2008

How to save for university

I went by to check on my staff the other day, not that they really even need me to.

My brother, who is 15, is on staff, and when I arrived (which, if you can actually believe it, they seem to look forward to), everyone was in good spirits.

I walked into our kiosk and one of the girls was inside, along with my mom, who was waiting to pick up my brother after his shift. The girl smiles and says, "You'll never believe what your brother did today! He made a tip cup that said University fund on it."

At this point, my mom, who never fails to surprise me, says, "Like he is ever going to university!"

The girl continues, "The worst part is," she says, "he had to come ask me to spell university because he didn't know how."

I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes, until my brother walked up to us, wondering what we were laughing at. "I heard you had a little trouble spelling university!"

He laughs. "I know, the other guys wouldn't even tell me - they said that you can only go if you know how to spell it!"

"You know it starts with a K, right?"

He pauses, contemplating what I have said as he is not sure if it is a joke or if the whole day he has had University spelled incorrectly on his tip jar.

We all burst out laughing as he realizes the truth.

But you know, he probably would have gotten a lot more tips if it had been spelled incorrectly.

No comments: