Monday, February 4, 2008

My new roommate Lola, apparently

We keep getting these letters from the Hydro company addressed to a name I don't know at our address.

I thought it was strange, because I had signed up for hydro at this address before we moved in, and we have had hydro for 4 months without receiving anything at all - not totally strange since it is billed localled, but strange considering it would be weird to have signed up exactly in line with the billing cycle, and someone else is obviously still getting a bill.

So, today I opened the most recent one - addressed to Lola something-er-rather. It reminds her to pay her outstanding bill which is for this address, starting the day we moved in. Weird.

I call the hydro company. They ask for my account number. "Well that's the weird thing," I say, and explain the situation. He puts me on hold. He tells me they have someone named Lola (last name absolutely different from mine) that signed up for this address on Nov. 1. I explain that my name is not Lola, that I also signed up for this address on Nov. 1, and that I am definitely the one living here. And, the previous tenants nor the landlord are named Lola.

10 minutes later, he has transferred everything to our name and I will be expecting a bill in the near future. Though I really wonder who this Lola person is and if she has any electricity.

No comments: