Wednesday, January 23, 2008

just a few quirks...

I sing to myself while walking through the hardware store. I get emotionally attached to things that should really be thrown away, like dead plants and really old half-consumed bottles of wine.

I hate answering the phone. I systematically keep my voice mail full. I use my credit card at gas stations to avoid talking to the clerk. I never wear matching socks. I require them only to match in comfort level, according to my feet.

I can't stand being told what to do. I get offended when people refer to me as "pretty" instead of "nice". I am driven to be as good at anything as any guy. I consider convincing a guy to help me an acceptable skill.

I am messy, and I like it that way. I am loud. I love people who tell me they don't think I'm loud. I don't care if they mean it. I use an unusual amount of cups.

I am afraid of the dark. If I watch a scary movie by accident, I won't sleep. For several days.

I order iced mocha cappuccinos from Starbucks, even in winter. If I wake up before 8am, I will probably eat lunch by 10. I don't wear makeup most of the time. If my roommate isn't home I like to strip down to my undergarments at the front door when I get home.

I order the chicken sandwich in restaurants and then eat the chicken and the bun separately. I will order extra toppings and then pick them out of things to appear less picky than I am. I prefer to go places with people who will eat my leftovers because I also don't like to waste food.

I've had at least 4 or 5 guys genuinely tell me they thought I was their soul mate. I no longer believe in soul mates. Still working on my opinion of marriage.

I order Wendy's and eat it in the parking lot because I know it won't taste good by the time I get home.

I flirt with cashiers to get discounts and it works.

See: This fish needs a bicycle

No comments: