Monday, February 4, 2008

Expensive bowling is for suckers!

My roommate and I went bowling tonight.

It was an odd night to begin with. I have hardly been home for the past 5 days and we have seen each other even less, but it seems to make us like each other all the more. Certainly, we were both in awesome moods. I was cooking fajitas and singing the time warp as he loudly watched a movie in the living room - the banter flowing, the cat getting harrassed. Later on, he appeared in the doorway to my room with the proclamation that we were going out. He knew I wouldn't be in the mood for drinking so he proposed a different plan than usual: bowling.

I was less than enthusiastic until he reminded me that there would probably be dance music, and then it was decided. I quickly checked to make sure it was open and we were off. 45 minutes later, we were three games in, and it occured to me.

"You know, we could completely recreate this atmosphere at home on my wii and save ourselves $14 next time! In fact, we should find someone else with a Wii and a tv, set them up like there is two bowling lanes, set up dance music and black lights, and have a Wii bowling dance party!"

I thought it was the greatest idea ever.

"Yeah," he replied, "Until the end of the night, when we have destroyed two tvs and our window, with gaping holes in the wall."

He does make a good point.

No comments: