Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Me and manual labour

"Did you need a hand with anything?"

"Not unless you like manual labour."

"What do you have to do?"

"I'm going to take this ice pick, and this axe, and chip away about 3 inches of that ice over there."

"And you intend to do this by yourself?"

"Yes."

5 minutes later, while he is chipping all of the ice away, and I am looking pretty useless, he laughs to himself. "I can't believe you were going to try and do this on your own!" "I'm a determined girl." "I hope this isn't your permanent job." "Oh no, I'm a student."

I leave out the part about intending to do something like this once I graduate anyway.

Finally we are finished, and he teases me a bit more - something about trying to pick up guys by letting them watch my pathetic attempts at physical labour. He catches me chuckling and I admit that he knows me far too well already.

No comments: