Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Free blog entry with purchase of $29 glasses*

Change your view for just 29$*
Complete eye glasses for only $29.

Front page of the paper. Awesome, I think. I need new glasses. I look through the advertisement to see what the star at the end of the statement means. Nothing.

That's right. Times are a-changing. Now, it's acceptable to merely place a star at the end of a statement to indicate that there ARE stipulations, without actually saying what they are. Or even indicating that the star means there are stipulations. It's implicit.

So here I am, loathing the world, because I know the glasses are probably only $29 if I buy 14 other pairs of glasses at full price, and I refuse to even take the time to call them and find out what the catch is. Because it's just a way of getting people to come in. And I refuse to give in to that kind of advertising.

If you have a deal, you have a deal. But don't deceive people. Put the damn stipulations in the damn advertisement, or don't have any at all. But don't put a star and think that it's good enough. It just makes me bitter.

No comments: