Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This song is in your head, in your head

So anyway, my roommate and I have a list of songs we are not allowed to play around each other. Typically songs one of us is addicted to and the other can't stand. I can't remember the names of the ones I don't let him play but on my list of forbidden songs is the following:

The Cranberries - Zombie

Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks

With an honourable mention to anything by the Spice Girls and Phil Collins, which I am allowed to play in small doses. When we first moved in together I was obsessed with Phil Collins (okay, I still am), and I got all these spiteful Facebook wall posts from his friends commenting on my overplay of everything by Phil Collins.

But, I digress. My roommate is pretty tolerant of my other musical tastes, keeping in mind, I love pretty much everything. From the 60's to present.

So I came across this dance remix of Zombies, his most hated song, last night. And I turned it off before he got home. But I couldn't stop singing it.

"Lets go get dinner," he said.

"OK, but you are going to hate me."

"Why's that?"

"Zombies, zombies, zombies bies bies!! Wait. Yes, you HAVE to hear this version"

I proceed to dance around our apartment for the next three minutes singing at the top of my lungs as he shakes his head and tries to block it out. My dancing is ridiculous enough that it's hard not to watch. The song is ridiculous enough that it's hard to believe someone wrote it.

Check it out here:




So basically, I have to listen to the music I really hate for a couple weeks. Or act really cute to get my way. But it was so worth it. I implore you to serenade everyone you know along with this clip.

No comments: