Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why I'll never be able to seduce my way to the top

"Wow Lisa, is that shirt like, low-cut enough for your presentation to this all girls class ?"

I looked around. He had a point. I actually just wore it because it was comfortable. But if, in fact, I was wearing it because I happened to have a presentation with a peer evaluation [which I did], he made a good point. Girls don't like slutty. And on any given day there is, at most, three guys present in this course. Today, there was only him.

"Oh no Todd, I wore this one all for you [insert scandalous wink here, possible accentuation of cleavage]"

Todd and I both know it doesn't work on him. Somehow, in a fourth year university course on French Caribbean Literature with approximately 17 students, I managed to encounter someone I've known since I was 12. Who isn't a French major.

Plus, he has a girlfriend. And we were in musical theatre together in high school, so there are no surprises here.

Fiasco also known as presentation ensues, and afterwards he smirks at me.

"So, was I hot enough for an A?"

"Oh, I don't know about that..."

Next time I'll have to wear a skirt.

No comments: