Saturday, March 8, 2008

Need any help with that?

My staff have a favourite story to tell about one of my first days managing them. Some of them have worked together longer than I've been alive, so we all had to do a lot of adjusting and getting used to each other that first summer together.

I had higher expectations than I probably should have initially, although now I know them so well I know exactly what to expect from them.

This particular day we were doing an equipment delivery. It was me and 3 grown men, plenty of muscle for moving our shit around.

I directed one of them to untie the equipment while I checked something on my car. Once he was finished, himself, this huge guy, and I all went to pull it off while the other guy watched from the ground.

We started to struggle pretty hard, which was somewhat unbelievable considering there was 3 of us. so we kept pulling, until we all realized our guy on the ground was laughing hysterically.

We turn around and look at him.

"What are you laughing at??"

He continues to laugh.

"You know those are still tied on, right?"

To this day, he says it was the funniest thing he's ever seen.

No comments: