Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm lost without Lost!

You know, I'm not really one for tv. In fact, I don't actually even own a tv. We had one piece of crap for like 4 months, then it got demoted to a table, and now we just hook up my lcd monitor to the dvd player or our laptops if we ever want to watch movies - but it's not hooked up to even the free channels, something people find shocking but I've never really considered doing it. Anything I actually watched would just be time filled, there is nothing I particularly want to watch.

Time's are a-changing, though, it seems. I've gotten hopelessly addicted to Lost. I'm not one of those people who are big on whatever happens to be popular, either. In fact, up until now, the only show I really really liked to watch was Weeds, which hasn't been on for quite awhile. I'm also a fan of Flight of the Conchords, but I've only ever watched it on DVD. But Lost, is a whole other story. It's practically an addiction. I need to see it as soon as it's on. I go watch it at other people's houses every single week.

It all started on Christmas Day. I went to my father's house, as we always do around noon on Christmas day. One of the first things he said (I'm hoping it was after, "Merry Christmas!" but I can't totally remember), was, you need to see this show. I've never, ever been told by my father to actually watch tv, so I figured, this was going to be big. We proceeded to spend the entire day watching the first season of Lost. In fact, I spent the better part of my Christmas holidays watching it. I got so obsessed, I had to cut myself off - I was having nightmares and had no free time. So, I did what a true gen-Yer would do, and read the summaries of every episode for the entire second and third season, watched the finale for the third season, and then just started on the fourth season. I estimate I saved myself about 34 hours of my time.

Now, here I am, seriously needing a fix, and it turns out they aren't broadcasting another episode until April 24. APRIL 24! I could hardly wait until last Thursday. And then NOTHING? I should cut myself off until 2009 and then just watch it all at freaking once, because I don't know how much longer I can carry on like this. And if they don't answer all my questions by the end, I will be SERIOUSLY bitter, because I hate when they leave it to the audience's imagination. In my opinion, any piece of art that does that just shouldn't waste my time, because I've got more than enough imagination for the both of us, and if I'm going to imagine the ending, I might as well imagine the whole thing. It would probably be better that way anyway. Except for Lost. It would be really nice if they did this one for me. Really nice.

No comments: