Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Weather girl

Well it's 6:57 and the sun is shining, and I can feel the warmth penetrating my cheap-ass paper blinds that I've never bothered to upgrade. This can mean but one thing! The seasons are changing. That's right, we are switching from winter to summer! (Spring no longer qualifies as a season in my books - it lasts a week, tops. Fall is defined by leaves falling).

Anyway, my prediction is that by April 9 it will hit 10 degrees at least once. Usually it's actually warmer, but this year I am anticipating it to be less warm. I am more accurate than freaking Environment Canada, The Weather Network and the Farmer's Almanac combined! Well not really so much as those services are all grossly inaccurate, and I create new forecasts combining their forecasts, but I will tell you this. People who know me, call me to check the weather. Probably because they know I've already checked it, but that's irrelevant. The point is, it's almost summer. Summer will probably go back to winter from approximately May 8-May 21. But then it will come back again, and last til late September. (or in the case of last year, late October - 28 degrees on Oct. 29, anyone?).

The point is, I can feel it. This is not temporary. We are getting our spring, and soon it will be summer. Enjoy it while it lasts. Oh, and clean out your drains. Apparently there is a little bit more water kicking around than usual.

No comments: